10% of Relationships End Today!!!
I know, it 's Valentine's Day and no one wants to think about heartache, but the truth is, 10% of all relationships end today.
In this day and age of computer relationships are where it's at. According to a new Harris Interactive Poll with the international dating service AnastasiaDate one in four don't care to find the woman of their dreams.
But wait, here is the most important part: one quarter are too nervous to speak to a woman they find attractive.
Which brings me to this part of the survey that has me scratching my head as to why someone would actively pursue today as a day to end your relationship, as 1 in 10 relationships are going to end among 35-55 year olds.
Why? 55% of men were planning on doing the dirty deed and ending the relationship, while 62% of women said they would do the same.
Could it be because people are cheap and it's easier to break up than buy a gift? To answer that American men, aged 35-55, said that they didn't want to spend money to pursue the object of their desire. In fact, 96 percent of respondents said that they wouldn't spend anywhere near $1,000 in the pursuit of someone to date.
"In today's digital world, more than 50 percent of men who are 35 to 55 or older have dated online, and of those, more than 65 percent have met somebody," said Lawrence Cervantes , Chief Communications Officer for AnastasiaDate. "Clearly men prefer dating internationally online and are getting better at it."
We have become a society of lazy couch potatoes in search of love. According to this study, it's true. Men aren't leaving the couch that much any more to find someone to date. They are getting online and signing up for dating services. There is a reason behind that, 1 out of every 5 men date online, because they are able to date "out of their league," further eliminating the nervousness of approaching a beautiful woman in-person.
More interesting facts:
- 74 percent of all respondents believe that technology has made dating much easier
- 55 percent said that one of the benefits of online dating is that they can get to know the person before committing to an actual in-person date.
However, there are differences between men and women (as you would expect):
- 76 percent of women actually want to be in a relationship this year compared to 65 percent of men.
- Men are twice as likely to prefer an Eastern European accent in a potential lover.
- 35 percent of men want the ability to take relationships slow online compared to 58 percent of women.
- 64 percent of all respondents said that there is an advantage to online dating, because they already know the other person online is available and interested in them.
Where do people like to meet in-person:
- 29% said that they like to meet in a coffee shop using a laptop or tablet (29 percent)
- 2 percent of respondents said that they would engage in online dating while discretely hidden in a bathroom stall.
- 57% of the people interviewed, said that they got to know a love interest online before actually meeting them in person.
- 43 percent said that they had met someone online but never in person.
Why date online?
- 51 percent said that the variety of potential matches to select from is an advantage
- 50 percent said that having a personal profile that lets people know what their interests are is an advantage.