10 Things To Do In Shreveport/Bossier This Weekend
You hear it over and over again. You know what I’m talking about. You know those people who always bemoan the Shreveport/Bossier City area saying there’s nothing to do. Well think again, here’s a quick list of ten things you can do this weekend (June 27-29, 2014) in the SBC!
1. Shreveport Farmer’s Market – Festival Plaza in downtown Shreveport
The market takes place on Saturday’s from 7am – noon and Tuesdays from 3 – 6pm
2. A Little Princess at the Marjorie Lyons Playhouse on the Centenary College Campus in Shreveport – A production of the Shreveport Little Theater. Shows are Friday 6/27 at 6:30pm and Saturday 6/28 at 11am and 3pm.
3. Trudeau Art on Texas Avenue (Container Galleries)
Check out the work of Robert Trudeau at 837 Texas Avenue in Shreveport this Saturday for free!
4. Benton Farmer’s Market
The Benton Farmer’s Market takes place on Sundays at Simpson Street Park (495 Simpson Street, Benton, LA) from 12:30pm – 5pm
5. The Boom or Bust Byway
During the entire month of June you can load up and take a scenic drive and enjoy the beautiful sunflowers planted all along Hwy. 3049. It’s a chance to enjoy the beauty that is Louisiana. To help you on y our tour, you can pick up a free GPS from the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau located at 629 Spring Street, Shreveport, LA. 71101.
6. The Spirit of the Red River Cruise
I attended a wedding once on The Spirit of the Red and it was an awesome time! Take a look at Shreveport/Bossier from the vantage of the mighty Red River and let the river breezes cool you off!
7. 3-D Archery Shoot
Try your aim with the Red River Bowman Archery Club! The event is open to the public and will cost between $10 and $15 dollars. The event is being held at the Red River Archery Club located at 4099 Ratcliff Rd., Shreveport, LA 71119 with 26 3-D life like targets.
8. Superhero Day at Splash Kingdom
Splash Kingdom Water Park has your chance to hang out with a Super Hero this Saturday!
9. Dare Dayclub at Horseshoe Casino with Jessica Who?
Check out DJ Jessica Who? this Saturday at the Dare Dayclub and Ultra Pool from 4pm – 6pm
10. Wet! The Pool Party at DiamondJacks
Get Wet! this Friday night at DiamondJacks with their Wet! Pool Party. Ladies drink free from 7pm – 8pm