Could This Be Why People in Shreveport Can’t Drive?
Take into consideration that it takes 3 years for a new driver to get truly comfortable behind the wheel. After that three years, all bets are off. And if you live in Shreveport, defensive driving is a must, as people around here drive like bats out of hell. However, it looks like there are 15 universal things that people have a fear of when they get behind the wheel. How close are you?
Before you look at the 15 fears, take into consideration the following:
According to DMV reports:
- the typical new driver has three "near misses" since passing their driving test. (and this is why insurance rates are higher for the younger drivers)
- 67 % said their generation was guilty of playing music loudly in their cars
- 44% said they aimlessly cruise around
- over 25% of the under-25 drivers polled said drivers their age do not wear a seatbelt
- 42 per cent said they use their phone while behind the wheel
- 1/3 said their age group was also guilty of congregating in car parks and modifying their vehicles
Here are the results of a new survey that found the top 15 things people are afraid of when they're driving.
- Driving in snow.
- Freezing conditions where there might be black ice.
- Driving on the highway.
- Parallel parking.
- Driving in an area you don't know.
- Driving through big cities.
- Passing large trucks.
- Driving down rural country roads.
- Passing other drivers.
- Narrow streets.
- Heavily congested roads.
- Driving in the dark.
- Parking in crowded parking garages.