What house hasn't had the aroma of Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies wafting through the house. For some reason those cookies make everything smell like the holidays. Granted, I will eat them when it isn't Christmas, but I will chow down on them, when it is.
Now I have kicked these up a few notches from what the back of the Tollhouse bag, so they aren't 100% to what they have as directions, nothing like letting a little secret out of the bag, if you will.
2 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature (add one at a time)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 pkg nestle's tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup White chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)
- Mix together well 2 sticks softened butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together 3 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients gradually, then add chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove onto a cooling rack.
Hint: always use cooled cookie sheets as often as possible, especially if you like a soft center to the cookie.