Holiday Food Recipe: Pumpkin Custard Pie
I am a sucker for Pumpkin Pie and I love custard filling. Mix the 2 together and you have one of the richest Pumpkin Pie's you will ever taste. So I present to you, Pumpkin Custard Pie. This is one pie where one small piece will fill you up, but you will be waiting for the "full" feeling to subside, so you can have another slice.
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, stir the pumpkin over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until slightly dry and caramelized.
- Remove from heat; add the sugar, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, cream and milk. Mix until smooth; pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow to completely cool on rack before cutting.