Holiday Food Recipes: Dump Cake
One of my Dad’s favorite holiday delectable treats is called Dump Cake. For those who don’t know, Dump Cake sounds a lot better than it’s name. But the term is very appropriate. We will be dumping a lot of ingredients in this cake…and it will be very messy when it is all said and done. If you are looking at the picture, the best description is: A cobbler with cake mix.
Here we go:
2 can(s) cherry pie filling (you can use peaches, blueberries and strawberries)
2 can(s) crushed pinneapples
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1 package pecans, in pieces (optional, as I have said before, I am not a fan of nuts)
- First use an aluminum square or rectangle pan. (If you use more fruit, then the recipe calls for, you will need a larger pan. I recommend more fruit, but I like a messy cake) and open all 4 cans of cherry filling and DUMP them in the pan
- Then DUMP the Pineapple cans in
- Spread the fruit evenly throughout the pan.
- Open the box of yellow cake mix and spread the dry cake mix ON TOP of the fruit, until it is covering every inch.
- Take 2 stick of butter and slice it thinly covering the cake mix. (If you like pecans, this would be done now.)
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes and keep and eye on it.
- When the time is ready, take it out, let it cool and serve with ice cream or whip cream.
If you would like to submit your recipe, please do so below and I will share it with everyone and even make some to share around the office.
Oops! We could not locate your form.