Holiday Food Recipes: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I know so many people that absolutely LOVE Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and have to have them during the holidays, or it wouldn't be Christmas. Make them nice and soft, they just melt right in your mouth. And to a certain degree, they have oats, so they have to be good for you, right?
This is a pretty easy recipe, 30 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes to cook, each batch and voila.
3 eggs, well beatin
1 cups raisins
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups butter (room temp)
1 cups brown sugar
1 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
- Combine well beaten eggs, raisins,& vanilla. Put in bowl cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour.
- Cream together butter & sugars. (I use my mixer, to cream ingredients after that I mix by hand or use the dough beaters to bring it together)
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon & baking soda to sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Blend in egg-raisin mixture & oatmeal. Dough will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon/tablespoon depending on how big you want the ccokies onto an un-greased cookie sheet. ( I put parchment paper on my cookie sheet and they never burn and you can use on next batch in)
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. All stoves vary time may take a couple minutes more.
The secret to success with these cookies is the soaking of raisins.