Holiday Food Recipes: Soft Sugar Cookies
Are you the kind of person who enjoys a nice soft sugar cookie? Who isn’t, right? Well, I think this is probably the best and softest sugar cookie recipe in history. Let’s just not discuss calorie count. It is Christmas, after all.
You can even submit your own holiday recipe below so we can feature it right here on 96.5 KVKI!
- 1 cup sour cream (do not use low fat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- MIX sour cream and baking soda; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Blend in nutmeg, vanilla and sour cream mixture. Gradually add flour, beating well after each addition. Refrigerate 30 min.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 min. or just until centers are set and edges are lightly browned. Let stand on baking sheets 3 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- MIX powdered sugar and milk until well blended; spread onto cookies. Let stand until frosting is firm.
We welcome you to submit your own holiday recipe. Simply fill out the form below and hit submit. We’ll probably end up making it and passing it around to everyone here at the station.