If You Require Coffee at Work, You Aren’t Alone
Anyone for a cup of coffee?
I don’t know about you, but I can start my day with out at least one cup of coffee..most of the time 3-4 cups before noon. Seems as though I may not be alone and if you are in that boat, you, too are not alone.
Dunkin’ Donuts and CareerBuilder teamed up to find out who drinks coffee and how it integrates into their day. Interesting to note:
- 43% of those surveyed said they are less productive without coffee
- 63 percent drink two cups or more a day
- 28 percent drink three cups or more
So what are the Top 10 lines of work where coffee is most often consumed?
- Food preparation/service workers
- Sales representatives
- Marketing/public relations professionals
- Nurses (nurse, nurse practitioner or physician assistant)
- Editors/writers/media workers
- Business executives
- Teachers/instructors (K-12)
- Engineering technicians/support
- IT managers/network administrators
How much coffee:
- 63% of workers who drink coffee drink two cups or more each workday
- 28% drink three cups or more
- 62% of workers 18 to 24 say they are less productive without coffee
- 58% percent of workers 25 to 34 make the same claim.
55% of workers say they drink at least one cup of coffee each workday. \
- 64% of workers in the Northeast drink at least one cup per day
- 54% in the South
- 51% percent in the Midwest and West
- 43% of workers who drink coffee say they are less productive without coffee.
- 47% of female workers say they are less productive without coffee
- 40% of male workers feel less productive without coffee