International Picnic Day Wednesday, June 18th
He plays golf, she rides horses. He loves all things sports and she would rather curl up with a good book or go for a run. This is the lay of the land at our house and Keith and I are constantly looking for things that we can do together.Of course, we love Mardi Gras and do that together, but that involves other people. So what do you do when you want to keep things fresh one on one? Why not celebrate International Picnic Day Wednesday, June 18th? Doesn't it sound like heaven to spend some time with your loved one in a nice shady place without your cell phone and assundry gadgets so you can truly concentrate on each other? I think it does! That's why I've put together a list of places right here in Shreveport/Bossier City for you to go explore together. Now, all you need to do is grab a blanket and some bug spray and pack a basket with some nice refreshing cold beverages!
1. East Kings Hwy Park aka The Duck Pond - Make sure to bring extra to feed the ducks!
2. Betty Virginia Park - boosts over 23 acres to roam with a playground, picnic area, walking trail and more at 3901 Fairfield Avenue in Shreveport
3. Columbia Park - Columbia Park has lots of great shady areas to spread out for your picnic and you can find it at 600 Columbia Street in Shreveport.
4. Riverview Park - Riverview Park is simply gorgeous! It sits on the Shreveport side of the river downtown on Clyde Fant Parkway. Make sure to take your camera!
5. C. Bickham Dickson Park - Not only can you picnic at this gorgeous park, you can boat, fish and hike as well. It's a hidden gem right here in Shreveport at 2253 East Bert Kouns Industrial