Is It True That Women in the Ark-La-Tex Swear More Than Men?
If you hadn't noticed, people can't drive in Shreveport...and the people who are in the car (or truck) that is being cut off aren't very tolerant. This morning on 220, as I was driving over Cross Lake, I was gapped by a moron who couldn't drive very well. I just shook my head, but according to a new survey by Direct Line car insurance, women are more likely than men to swear while driving in that same scenario.The truth is, nearly HALF of all women (48%) admit to cursing behind the wheel. Only 40% of men do. Here are the five things most likely to make us swear:
- The GPS: 55% of people who use one say they've sworn at it.
- Getting cut off by another driver.
- People who don't use their turn signal when turning or changing lanes.
- People who talk on their cell phone while driving.
- Someone driving slow in the fast lane. This is the ONLY thing that MEN were more likely to swear at than women. 15% of men mentioned it . . . while only 7% of women did.