Louisiana Ranks as Second-Fattest State in the U.S.
Thank you Mississippi for once again keeping us out of the bottom spot of a national ranking. However, the news isn't much better than that.
According to a new WalletHub study, Louisiana is the second-fattest state in the United States.
The study considered such factors as the percentage of people who are overweight or obese, childhood obesity, the amount of activity we partake in and the fruits and vegetables that people in each state eat.
The study found that Louisiana:
- Has the fourth-highest percentage of adults who are obese
- Has the second-highest percentage of children who are overweight and fourth-highest percentage of children who are obese
- Has the third-highest percentage of residents who are physically inactive
- Has the second-highest percentage of adults eating less than one percent of fruits and vegetables a day
- Has the fifth-highest percentage of adults with diabetes
- Has the highest percentage of adults with high blood pressure
Check out the complete WalletHub study here.