LSU Students To Be Charged In Death Of Fraternity Pledge
Several students associated with LSU’s Phi Delta Theta fraternity are now facing charges in the death of LSU student Maxwell Gruver, a freshman pledge.
WWL-TV is reporting that ten students will be charged with hazing and one of them, Matthew Alexander Naquin, will be charged with negligent homicide.
Police reports say that Gruver may have been forced to drink an excessive amount of alcohol in a “drinking game.” Thus, that led to the student’s death on Sept 14.
According to the television station, arrest warrants have been issued for the following students:
- Matthew Alexander Naquin, (charges of hazing and negligent homicide)
- Zachary Castillo, (charge of hazing)
- Elliott Eaton, (charge of hazing)
- Patrick Forde, (charge of hazing)
- Sean Paul Gott, (charge of hazing)
- Zachary Hall, (charge of hazing)
- Ryan Isto, (charge of hazing)
- Hudson Kirkpatrick, (charge of hazing)
- Sean Pennison, (charge of hazing)
- Nicholas Taulli, (charge of hazing)
We will continue to follow this developing story out of Baton Rouge. Our thoughts remain with Maxwell’s family during this difficult time.