Mardi Gras Time
More than 100,000 people will converge on Shreveport for our Mardi Gras parades. Here are some of the things you might not know:
1. alcohol consumption is only allowed between the hours of noon to 10 PM.
2. no alcohol at all is allowed in the family area, which is on Clyde Fant from the RR bridge to Stoner
3. Clyde Fant Parkway is closed the night before each parade to keep people from camping out.
4. No parking on Shreveport Barksdale until 7am.
5. pets not allowed within 200 yards of the parade route