Mardi Gras Tips from City of Shreveport
Shreveport has sent out a list of guidelines for the big parades this year. The Clyde Fant Parkway will close at about 7 tonight until 7 in the morning.
You are not allowed to stake off or reserve any public areas along the parade route until after 7am on Saturday.
No pets are allowed within 200 yards of the parade route within 2 hours before the scheduled start of the parade. This does not impact residents along the parade route who have pets secured in their homes or yards.
Prohibited items include:
- Any noxious substance or liquid intended to be poured, tossed handed out or otherwise distributed.
- Any throw containing sharp points including but not limited to plastic spears or plastic, paper or silk flowers with wire stems.
- Any insects, marine life, rodents, fowl or other animals, dead or alive
- Any "silly string" or other such item which, when used, emits an adhesive string-like or adhesive streamer-like substance that is shot or expelled from a pressurized container.
- No condoms, prophylactic or sexually oriented devise.
-- It is unlawful for a person to throw any object at a float or any participant in a parade.
-- No glass bottles or containers will be allowed along the parade route or within 200 feet of the parade route.
-- No flags or banners are allowed within 50 feet of the parade route.
-- No throw areas are:
- Parade staging area north of Lake St. Throws may begin at Lake St.
- The entire curve of Clyde Fant Parkway under the railroad trestle located north of Veteran's Memorial.
- The bridge over Stoner Ave.
- The end of the parade route designated with a "Parade Ends" Banner.
- The area from the railroad trestle just north of Veteran's Park to Stoner Ave. is designated as a Family Zone - no alcohol will be allowed in this area.