Erin’s Take On A List Of The Most Romantic Cities
Found a list of the Top 20 Most Romantic US Cities. Here’s the list and I’ll tell you what I think of the choices.
1. Las Vegas, NV (I’ve never been….maybe I’ll try it)
2. New York, NY I love this city, but I’ve never been struck by the romance. I am more infatuated with the hussle and bustle and the long list of cool things to do.
3. Miami, FL Now, I would say this tops my romance list. The beaches, the hot guys and girls and the club scene make for some steamy nights. But Miami is for the young….not really a hotbed of middle aged-romance going on here.
4. San Francisco, CA This I would put at the top of my list. I actually took a romantic trip to San Fran with a man and it was pretty magical. We did all the touristy things, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, etc. But we also found some wonderful spots where we could just enjoy each other.
5. Chicago, IL The windy city also gets high marks for romance. There is so much to do and the restaurants are some of the best in the world. I wouldn’t make a romantic trip to Chicago in the winter, though.
6. Honolulu, IL (never been…on my to do list) Since I am such a big fan of a beach vacation. I am going to have to get to Hawaii one day. But many friends tell me Honolulu is not really all that. They say it’s best to check out Oahu or one of the other lesser known cities.
7. Los Angeles, CA This one is not for me……too much going on in a hectic kind of way. Didn’t find people friendly….kind of a “cold” city to me.
8. Orlando, FL Not much romance here for me. But I’ve always had kids in tow. Perhaps I should try it without kids and see if something can spark.
9. Santa Barbara, CA Yes Yes. This is a beautifully romatic city. For flowers and parks and beach views….it doesn’t get any better. Loved it and will be going back.
10. Washington, D.C. Not a romance trigger for me. I think museums and monuments and I would much rather see these things with family or close friends….not a romantic deal for me.
New Orleans, LA is number 15 on the list and I think that’s just wrong. The Crescent City is way more romantic. There’s so much to see and do that brings you back to romance of old. If I am in for a short trip for a little romance…..New Orleans will always be my choice.