Powerball Jackpot Is Now the 2nd Largest Jackpot Ever at $700 Million (UPDATE)
The Powerball jackpot for tonight's drawing has climbed to $700 million making it the 2nd largest lottery jackpot ever.
A winning ticket on Wednesday would bring you a $443 million dollar cash payout (before taxes).
The current Powerball prize pool has been growing since June 10 -- meaning there have been 21 straight drawings with no winner.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $758 million dollars was won by a single ticket purchased in Massachusetts in the Powerball drawing on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017.
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
6. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
7. $564 million, Powerball, for February 11th 2015 drawing, won by 3 tickets, 1 by a single mom in North Carolina. The others in Texas and Puerta Rico.
8. $540 Megamillions jackpot was won by a single winning ticket in Indiana in the July 8th, 2016 drawing.
9. $487 million, Powerball won July 30th, 2016 by one ticket sold in New Hampshire.
10. $448 million, Powerball, for August 7th, 2013. There were 3 winning tickets including one from a group of Superstorm Sandy survivors in New Jersey. There was another winning ticket in Jersey and the 3rd was bought in Minnesota.
Good luck to you if you're planning to buy a ticket.