Recipe of the Day: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
If you ever get a craving for good Mexican food and a run to the border isn’t exactly what will solve the craving, then give yourself an hour and be prepared to enjoy some Cheesy Enchiladas.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 lbs frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 packets of taco seasoning
20 flour tortillas
1 can(s) green enchilada sauce
1 can(s) red enchilada sauce (mild or hot)
1 can(s) cheese soup
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (more as needed or wanted)
- Place frozen breasts chickens in a pot, taco seasoning and chopped onions and boil until chicken is done.
- Shred the chicken using 2 fork shredded coarsely in a pulling manner
- Mix 1 can cheese soup and 1 can green enchilada sauce into shredded chicken.
- At this point if you LOVE cheese, add a handful of shredded cheese to mixture, mix well.
- Spray the largest casserole dish you have with Pam. I use an 11”x 15” dish, but you could split into 2 dishes if needed.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mix into tortilla and roll up tightly like a burrito. Lay them side by side in dish, squishing as close together as possible.
- Once all are filled and rolled, pour red enchilada sauce over top, spread with spoon if necessary.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top to cover completely…the more the better!
- Place in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with sour cream. Freezes well.