Successful Relationships are Based on 8 Things
If you are in a successful relationship, then this is familiar territory for you, however, if you are in a series of relationships (I like to call that serial monogamy), this may be good research for making that love last.The dating site Zoosk conducted a survey last month with over a thousand responses from Americans who said they are in a committed relationship. (How they found that group of people on a dating site is still up for question) The survey was in celebration of "National Lovers Day" on April 23, 2013.
The results ran the gamut and offered up some very valuable information on what the secret to a good relationship may include:
1.) Share responsibilities. Nobody wears the pants in a happy relationship!
- 78% of happy couples share decision making evenly.
- 67% of happy couples manage finances together, instead of assigning it to one person.
- 66% of happy couples share household chores such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
2.) Have "mattress mambo" at least 2-3 times per week.
- 28% of Americans in happy relationships have sex at least 2-3 times per week.
- 16% have sex 4-6 times per week.
- 16% copulate every day.
3.) Be affectionate, daily!
- 69% of happy couples kiss and show affection many times per day.
4.) Don't tell "little white lies."
- 70% of Americans in happy relationships agree that it is not ok to tell "little white lies" to their partner to keep the peace.
5. ) Stay in shape.
- 74% of blissful lovers say it is important that their partner maintains a good physical appearance.
- 18% of respondents say that their partner's physical appearance is a main attraction.
6.) Avoid political discussions.
- 37% of Americans in happy relationships never talk about politics and 47% do so only occasionally.
7.) My God is your God.
- 71% of Americans in happy relationships share the same religious beliefs and traditions.
8.) Dial up the dialog.
- 72% of happy couples have real conversations about life, work, and family on a regular basis.
So how well did you do? If you didn't hit all of them, fear not, if you noticed by the numbers, there is at least 1/4 of all the responses who didn't, so you aren't alone.