The “Know-It All” is the Most Hated Big Game Party Guest
Football’s Big Game is a week from Sunday, how excited everyone is about this game is kind of up for grabs. The 49′ers and Ravens really don’t mean much to us in the Ark-La-Tex, but you know there will be plenty of Big Game parties..If you get invited to a party, you don’t want to be “That Guy” or “That Gal” who ends up annoying everyone else.According to a survey by CouponCabin, the worst thing you can do is act like you’re an expert on football, food, or the commercials. Also, leave the remote alone . . . and don’t talk too much during the game.
- Don’t be the football “Know-It-All” and act like you’re an expert on football . . . food . . . or the commercials. No one’s impressed that you know what a Cover Two defense is.
- Hands off the remote. 41% of the people in the survey said this was high on the list of annoying things. Just leave the remote alone. Don’t change the channels or adjust the volume.
- Shut up and don’t be the ultimate social butterfly. Yes, it is a party, but you need to know when to stop talking. Be quiet and watch at least some of the game.
- The Super Fan: the team’s biggest fan who doesn’t let you forget it by showing up decked out in his/her favorite team’s gear and shoots off stats left and right. Leave some of your 49ers clothes at home, and don’t do the Ray Lewis dance every time Baltimore scores.
- The Calorie Counter: Don’t announce that you’re on a diet and worry about all the calories in the junk food.
- The Commercial Watcher: If you have a tendency to say “I only watch for the commercials.” Of course you do, that’s what everyone says.If you announce this, you have come a cliche’. Also, you don’t have to tell us after the commercial airs, we already know that most Super Bowl commercials don’t live up to the hype.