We have all smelled that nasty odor from a sponge and if you are like me, you've probably tried every trick to clean it.

These solutions don't work:
1. Wash with very hot water.
2. Microwave the wet sponge. (Note: don't microwave a dry sponge - fire hazard)
3. Soak in bleach.
4. Soak in vinegar and then soak in a mixture of baking soda and water.
5. Put the sponge in the dishwasher.

Here's what all of the kitchen gurus say will work for you:

Put it out in the sun for a few days and the smell will disappear.
The radiation and UV have the most powerful disinfectant properties.
Robert has some manly advice: