Worst 5 Songs Of The 90’s
Rolling Stone Magazine has published a list of the worst songs of the 90’s. Here’s the top 5:
5. Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. 5 person British Punk/pop group. They still perform together in the UK.
- 4. Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. He was quite the sensation. His real name was Rob Van Winkle. He was raised in Dallas and famously held upside down over a balcony by Sug Knight’s bodyguards.
3. Achy Breaky Heart Billy Ray Cyrus. We know him today as the father of Miley Cyrus, but he had a huge hit with this song and the accompanying dance.
2. Macarena by Los Del Rio. Spanish dance group formed in 1992…they broke up in 2007. This was a monster hit in 1994 fueled by the dance craze that even had Al Gore dancing the Macarena in his campaign.
1. Barbie Girl by Aqua. Danish/Norwegian dance-pop group. The song peaked at number 7 in 1997. The band was sued by Mattel who claimed they violated the Barbie Trademark. The band countersued. Both cases were dismissed.