10 More Things Ladies in Shreveport-Bossier Need to Survive
After we released our initial top ten items a woman in Shreveport-Bossier needs to survive, we found out that there was no way to limit a true southern woman's survival guide to just ten things! Here are some more suggestions that we felt we had to include:
1. Air Conditioning - No one wants to sleep hot!
2. Football - We southern women love our football and could sit in for Kirk Herbstreit doing analysis on ESPN.
4. Flip Flops - Not only does she have a pair to go with every outfit, but they also double as a tool to discipline your children. As Gary said, his wife could hit a gnat on a toothpick with her flip-flops, she's that good!
5. Bacon Grease - Don't you dare pour that out! It belongs in a can on the back of the stove!
6. Sweet Iced Tea - This is what we drink during the day... mostly!
7. Sun Glasses - Function and fashion!
9. A cast iron skillet - and it better be well seasoned!
10. Her kids - even though they may threaten her survival often, she can't live without 'em!
Original Post-April 13, 2021:
If you were putting together a survival guide for women in the Shreveport-Bossier City area, these are the top ten things a lady would need to make it through her day. Consider this a newcomer's guide to life in northwest Louisiana. When I reached out to my girlfriends via social media for their ideas, they came up with some good stuff. So after my highly unscientific poll, this is what we came up with collectively.
1. A 9mm gun and ammo - because you never know what the day is going to bring.
2. Deodorant/Antiperspirant - Because it gets insanely hot and southern women should always look fresh as a daisy!
3. A loaded tea - there's a shake/tea shop popping up every time you turn around. There's a reason why. Those Herbalife loaded teas are addictive and it's the only way I know how to wake up anymore or beat a mid-afternoon slump.
4. A custom tumbler or other Yeti-type cup - You won't see a woman running errands around town without one of these stuck in her car's cup holder.
5. Anything animal print - it's a way of life!
6. Graphic t-shirts with sassy sayings - Yes, we all have a little Beth Dutton in us, love sweet tea, and say 'Bless Your Heart.' Most often seen with a coordinating kimono.
7. A snazzy sun hat - these seem to be the latest fad to hit our area. Cute and functional!
8. Boots - Once again, fashion and function!
9. Alcohol - and lots of it!
10. Her Bible - 'nuff said!