12-Year-Old Left Brain Dead From Dangerous TikTok ‘Blackout Challenge’
Parents of a 12-year-old boy are sending out a warning to others after their son has been left in critical condition as a result of the TikTok "Blackout Challenge".
12-year-old Joshua Haileyesus of Auroa, Colorado was found passed out in the family's bathroom by his twin brother March 22. Joshua was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced brain-dead, and doctors tell the family they are not expecting him to make it according to KALB.
What is the Tiktok Blackout Challenge?
The “Blackout Challenge” making the rounds on TikTok dares people to choke themselves using various household items until they pass out and lose consciousness.
Joshua's father, Haileyesus Zeryihun tells thedenverchannel.com -
"This is something that kids need to be given to be taught, to be counseled. Because this is a serious a serious thing. It's not a joke at all. And you can treat it as if somebody is holding a gun. This is how dangerous this is."
Read more at thedenverchannel.com.