Louisiana Lottery Dreamers Are Still Hoping for a Win
We can keep dreaming for a little while longer. There was no winner in the Powerball drawing on Saturday night. The big jackpot continues climbing. It is now worth $610 million for the Monday night drawing.
This prize is now #13 on the list of the largest lottery jackpots in U.S. history. The onetime lump sum payout for this monster jackpot will be $292 million dollars. What would be on your list of items to buy with that kind of money. What charities would you help? It is fun to dream.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
2. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
3. $1.337 billion Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 one winning ticket in Illinois.
4. $1.050 billion ($776.6 million cash) was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
5. $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
6. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
7. $731 million, Powerball, won by a single ticket purchased in Maryland on Jan. 20, 2021.
8. $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
9. $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
11. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
12. $632 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
13. $610 million Powerball up for grabs on Monday, October 23, 2022.
14. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
15. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
16. $564 million Powerball was split among 3 winning tickets, one each from North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico.
17. $559 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH.
18. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
19. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
20. $533 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in New Jersey for the March 30, 2018 drawing.
Great Halloween Events in Shreveport Bossier
What States Have the Worst Roads