Fascinating & Fun Louisiana Attractions You Might Not Know About
If you are looking for that perfect destination for spring break or summer, and you don't want to travel too far, we've got some great suggestions right here in Louisiana!
Only in Louisiana has a dazzling array of fun and interesting locations around the state, just waiting for you to visit in the upcoming months. Have fun exploring, y'all!
- Port Hudson State Historic Site - 236 Hwy. 61, Jackson. Perfect for the Civil War or history buff. They also have battle reenactments every year, which are pretty cool.
- Cypremort Point State Park - 306 Beach Ln., Cypremort Point. A fisherman's paradise with a man-made beach that has some of the most gorgeous sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico
- Fairview-Riverside State Park - 119 Fairview Dr., Madisonville. Beautiful setting on the banks of the Tchefuncte River, you can also visit the historic Otic House Museum while you're on the grounds.
- Shreveport Water Works Museum - 142 N. Common St., Shreveport. On the National Historic Register, and a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark. Free admission.
- R.W. Norton Art Gallery - 4747 Creswell Ave., Shreveport. Over 40 acres of beautiful botanical gardens, and a world-class art gallery. During spring you can see over 10,000 azaleas in bloom
- Chauvin Sculpture Garden - 5337 Bayouside Dr., Chauvin. Former owner Kenny Hill created a masterpiece of folk art sculptures that you really need to see to believe.
- Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge - 480 Richland Place Dr., Monroe. Five trails, and a perfect destination for spending time with the kids outdoors
- USS Orleck - 604 N Enterprise Blvd., Lake Charles. One of the most decorated US Navy ships, this historic site also offers laser tag on board for the kids, (or the kid in all of us).
- National Hansen’s Disease Museum - 5440 Point Clair Rd., Carville. An abandoned sugar plantation which housed the Louisiana Leper Home for years. A really fascinating place to tour and learn the history and treatment of leprosy. Free.