Monster Powerball Jackpot Up for Grabs in Louisiana
SHREVEPORT, LA - Folks are starting to dream big about winning the latest Powerball drawing. There was no winner on Monday night and now the jackpot is on the list of the top 20 largest lottery jackpots of all time.
The prize is now worth $550 million dollars for the Wednesday night drawing. The one time lump sum payout is worth $266 million dollars.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball was won by one ticket in California on November 8, 2022.
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.58 Billion Mega Millions was won in August of 2023. The winning ticket was purchased in Florida.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions was won by one ticket in Illinois on July 29, 2022.
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions was won by someone in the state of Maine. Cash option was $723.5 million.
- $1.08 Billion Powerball was won by one ticket in California on July 19, 2023.
- 05 billion Mega Millions was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $630 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
- $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
- $550 million, Powerball is up for grabs on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.