Louisiana Movies Coming Out This Year [VIDEO]
They don't call us 'Hollywood of the South' for nothing. We have become the go to state for production and filming for the entertainment industry, and it's bringing millions of dollars into Louisiana. If you've ever wanted to be an extra, watch a movie being filmed, or get your start on the technical side of television production, now is the time.
According to NOLA.com, we have at least 8 movies that were filmed in Louisiana coming out in the near future, some as early as this spring. Be on the look out for the ones below in a theater near you!
- 'Happy Death Day 2U' - Starring Jessica Rothe, this is the sequel to 2017's 'Happy Death Day'. Coming out Feb 13.
- 'A Tuba to Cuba' - About a cultural exchange trip with New Orleans' own Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Coming out Feb 15
- 'Captain Marvel' - the 21st(!) installment of the popular series, this one stars Allison Brie. This was partially filmed in Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. Coming out March 8.
- 'Greyhound' - staring Tom Hanks, and adapted from the novel 'The Good Shepherd' by C.S. Forester. Filmed on the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge. Coming out March 22.
- 'The Dirt' - A Netflix biopic about 80's rockers Mötley Crüe. Coming out March 22
- 'Out of Blue' starring Louisiana native Patricia Clarkson, based on the book 'Night Train'. Coming out March 22
- 'Wounds' - a psychological thriller starring Armie Hammer about a Big Easy bartender. Coming out March 29
- 'The Highwaymen' - starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. About Bonnie & Clyde, and the law men who tracked them down in Louisiana. Shot in New Orleans. Coming out March 29