Safety Reminders For Those Assisting Hurricane Victims in Louisiana
Many people in Louisiana are banding together to help those who were hit hardest by Hurricane Laura.
However, before you head west, we want to share a few reminders or safety tips with you. A friend of mine has been going to the Lake Charles area to help with the recovery process and he mentioned some very important reminders on Facebook and I want to share some of them with you now.
If you're driving west or northwest to help our neighbors recover and clean up after Hurricane Laura please keep the following in mind:
- Fuel up prior to leaving and bring spare gas with you, many gas stations along the way are either really packed or not in operation.
- Stop at AutoZone and buy a $6 plug kit in case you get a flat. There are nails everywhere in areas hit hardest by the hurricane.
- Bring drinks for yourself too. Sure, many need them there, but you will need to stay hydrated while working in the elements.
- Bring insect repellent with you. You'll need it.
- Take sunscreen with you to avoid getting burnt while working.
- Make sure your cell phone is charged fully prior to leaving.
These are just a few reminders for those of you going to help our neighbors. From what I am hearing, they can use all the help they can get.
Again, let's show the rest of the country what happens when we ALL come together as one. We got this.