Totally Rad! KVKI is Hosting Another Feel Good ’80s Weekend!
If you've been a member of the Columbia House Music Club, you might want to listen to KVKI this weekend! Why? Because we're taking it old school with back-to-back '80s hits! Welcome to another Feel Good '80s Weekend!
Starting this Friday, April 2, 2021, at 5 pm, we're going retro celebrating the decade of The Nancy Drew Files, Phoebe Cates, and SuperTeen and Tiger Beat magazines! Yep, we're bringing back all of the '80s hits you love and we'll keep the totally awesome tunes rolling through Sunday, April 4th at 7 pm when Delilah comes on. Are you ready to revisit the decade that brought us Jazzercise, New Coke, and Rambo? We are! In fact, we may break out our stirrup pants just for fun!
So, in the spirit of the weekend, we thought it would be fun to share some obscure '80s trivia that you can wow your friends with. Check it out!
1. What was the name of Alyssa Milano's character on Who's the Boss? (Samantha Micelli)
2. What song was featured on the tv show Alf in honor of the famous scene in the movie Risky Business? (Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Seger)
3. Which '80s movie spawned six sequels and a tv series? (Police Academy)
4. What was the name of the first teacher/astronaut who died in the 1986 Challenger explosion? (Christa McAuliffe)
5. Which news network launched on June 1, 1980? (The Cable News Network (CNN))
6. Which '80s movie was the first to become a hit largely due to MTV? (Flashdance)
7. Who provided the narration for Michael Jackson's Thriller music video? (Vincent Price)
8. What date do they travel back to in Back to the Future: Part II? (October 21, 2015)
9. What song does John Cusack's character play on his boombox at the end of the movie Say Anything? (In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel )
10. What famous wreckage was found in 1985? (Titanic)
Don't miss it when we serve all this pop-culture fun up for you on a platter this weekend as KVKI celebrates with wall-to-wall '80s super hits. And don't forget, wherever your travels take you this weekend, take 96.5 KVKI with you using the free KVKI Mobile App.