We’re Doing it Again! It’s Another Feel Good ’80s Weekend on KVKI!
If you ever had a Walkman and tried to 'Walk Like an Egyptian,' you might want to listen to KVKI this weekend! Why? Because we're taking it old school with back-to-back '80s hits! Welcome to another Feel Good '80s Weekend!
Starting this Friday, September 17th, 2021, at 3 pm, we're going retro celebrating the decade of Air Jordans, Simon, and Garbage Pail Kids! Yep, we're bringing back all of the '80s hits you love and we'll keep the totally awesome tunes rolling through Sunday, September 19th at 7 pm when Delilah comes on. Are you ready to revisit the decade that brought us Merlin, the Rubik's Cube, and Back to the Future? We are! In fact, we may break out our Trapper Keeper just for fun!
So, in the spirit of the weekend, we thought it would be fun to share some obscure '80s trivia that you can wow your friends with. Check it out!
1. After their success in the 1970s Disco Craze, which KC and the Sunshine Band single was the first #1 song of 1980? (Please Don't Go)
2. What year did McDonald's introduce the Chicken McNugget? (1981)
3. When did Steve Jobs first get fired from Apple Computers? (1985)
4. Which 80s movie was the highest-grossing film of the decade? (E.T. The Extraterrestrial)
5. Who said, “I could disappear forever and it wouldn’t make any difference?” (Samantha “Sam” Baker (Molly Ringwald) in Sixteen Candles)
6. Which 1980s theme song was recorded in just 3 hours? (Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds)
7. What type of dinosaur is Littlefoot from The Land Before Time? (Apatosaurus)
8. Which puppet TV show about interconnected societies of Muppets, including Doozers and Gorgs, was first broadcast in 1983? (Fraggle Rock)
9. Who was the San Francisco 49ers quarterback who had the highest passing rating in the NFC five times in the '80s? (Joe Montana)
10. In 1986, Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) was identified following a British epidemic. What is the disease commonly called? (Mad Cow Disease)
Don't miss it when we serve all this pop-culture fun up for you on a platter this weekend as KVKI celebrates with wall-to-wall '80s super hits. And wherever your travels take you this weekend, take 96.5 KVKI with you using the KVKI Mobile App.