5 Ways to Detox from Your Super Bowl Overindulgence
Let's just say the food I consumed during the game was less than resolution friendly.
Super Bowl 53 is in the books. If you're like me, you didn't get to burn many calories during the game because you weren't actively cheering. Actually you probably ate more of that unhealthy spread to fill the time in between commercials.
I never actually thought I'd say that about the Super Bowl.
However, it's the truth. And the things I ate yesterday weren't exactly in line with my "let's eat foods that fuel our body" mentality for 2019. Needless to say, Super Bowl Sunday is a big day for eating. In fact, it's the second largest eating day behind Thanksgiving in America.
So how can we detox?
USA Today recently gave us five ways to get our systems back on track. Spoiler alert: you're not going to like all of these. Mostly because they involve turning from your overindulgent ways.
Here they are:
1. Toss out those game day leftovers to remove temptation
2. Eat a healthy breakfast to put you on a path of health for the day
3. Drink water because you probably didn't during the game
4. Eat soup for lunch because the sodium can help combat fatigue
5. Detox your system with antioxidants in fruits like strawberries and veggies like broccoli and cauliflower