Bossier Parish Prepares for Possible Flooding
According to the National Weather Service, northwest Louisiana is going deal with several days of heavy rainfall late this week. The service is predicting anywhere from 3 to 6 inches of rainfall in some areas, with the possibility of up to 7 inches.
To prepare help residents prepare for flash floods or rising water levels around the area, Bossier Parish officials are offering free sandbags. Glenn Benton, President of the Bossier Parish Police Jury, says that inmates have fortified the Red Chute Levee and some other areas, but warns that the ground is already saturated and water levels are already high.
If you need sandbags for your property, you can get them at the following locations:
- Bossier Parish Fire District 1, Hwy 80 East in Haughton
- Bossier Parish Fire District 2, Robertson Rd. near Elm Grove
- McKinley Ave. in Haughton
- W. Palmetto in Plain Dealing
- Police Jury Maintenance Facility, 410 Mayfield St.
The facilities will be closed for Christmas but will reopen on Wednesday.