Bristol Keeps Her ‘Master Debater’ Crown!
I was invited to make a return appearance on the 'Master Debater' podcast which pits three people against each other debating current issues and events. And once again, your girl from little old Haughton, Louisiana was able to beat the big boys! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of myself!
I was officially the 'country comes to town' contestant again last night, competing against Matt Napolitano from Fox News Radio and stand up comedian Roman Garcia. The judge was 'Bobby' from Austin and the host was a voice you might recognize from his time here on News Radio KEEL, Dennis Foley, who is now working in San Antonio at KTSA Radio.
This time, I got smart and picked a much lighter topic. The first time around, I was way to series when it came to the issue I prepared to debate. You can check out materials from my first appearance on September 3rd here. My topic this time? Dogs are better pets than cats!
Want to check out the Master Debaters podcast? Click here!
Here's my prepared argument for the show originally posted Thursday, September 24, 2020:
While we're all creatures made perfect by God, some life forms are clearly more favored than others! After all, there's a reason why dogs are called, 'Man's best friend!'
Let's face it, dogs, by their very design are more affable than cats. Cats don't have owners. They have servants and they'll only interact with you when it's convenient for them. But that's just the beginning when it comes to why dogs are so much more preferable than cats as companion animals.
- Dogs are great company. In fact, it's been proven, that people with pets did much better emotionally and physically during the pandemic, even those that lived alone if they were a dog owner.
- You can train a dog to do cool stuff like roll over and play fetch. I'm lucky if my cat feels like using the litter box.
- Dogs help you get more active. After all, even when you don't feel like it, Spot needs to go for a walk!
- Dogs offer protection. I have four dogs. If my two ankle-biters don't sound the alarm, my two mastiffs will take you out if you're in my home and you're not invited.
- Dogs are loyal. Cats don't care if you live or die as long as there's kibble.
- Dogs are funny. Have you ever seen a dog watch TV and freak out when he sees animals on the screen? I have and it's hilarious.
- Dogs are heroes. How many search and rescue or bomb-sniffing cats have you heard about?
- With a dog, you'll never be alone. They'll go everywhere with you, even the bathroom.
- If you're single, your dog is a great wingman.
- They don't make entire TV series or movies about cats. ie: Lassie, Old Yeller, Beethoven, Marmaduke, Clifford the Big Red Dog, A Dog's Purpose, A Dog's Journey, The Art of Racing in the Rain, etc...
In closing, you may say the internet was made for cat videos. To you I say, it's because your screen is the closest you want to get to Fluffy with the sharp claws. Plus, if cats are so cool, why do we make fun of 'crazy cat ladies?' Finally, you've heard the joke about cats eating their owners when they die and they run out of food. I looked it up. It's not a joke. It's true.