These Companies Have Filed For Bankruptcy During COVID-19 [VIDEO]
It's a sad fact of life when we have an actual list of companies that have recently failed due to a worldwide health crisis. I mean, no one could have predicted the ramifications of shutting down the United States, but there are now thousands of people out of work because businesses are being forced to close their doors. And sadly, there are probably thousands more local operations who have made the painful decision to close as well. I know of several right here in Acadiana, and lots more across Louisiana.
Some of the major companies that have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection are listed below, along with a video. Thanks to The Street for the up to date info. We are so sad for the employees and others affected by the closures.
- Neiman Marcus. Luxury department stores with headquarters in Dallas. 69 locations
- J. Crew. Women's, men's, and children's apparel and accessories. 506 locations
- Hertz Corporation. Car rental company. 102,000 worldwide locations
- 24 Hour Fitness. Fitness center headquartered in San Ramon, California. 400 locations.
- PYXUS. Agricultural company, and one of the biggest tobacco suppliers in the world
- True Religion. American clothing company. Brands are sold in over 50 countries, and about 900 boutiques
- Dalf Energy. Company encompasses oil and gas production, leases, and mineral rights, among other things
- Pier One Imports. Based out of Ft. Worth, Texas, and specializing in home furnishings, decor, and accessories
- Art Van Furniture. Founded in 1959 with 200 stores
- Gold's Gym. Internationally known co-ed fitness chain with nearly 700 locations.