Growing up, I remember going swimming at Redbrush Park Lake in Seymour. Or in the pond on my grandparent's farm.

And I'd never heard of this amoeba until last week when it was featured on the show "Rookie Blue."

Then, today, I see stories popping up all over the place about kids being infected.

And now, CNN is reporting that three kids have been killed by the amoeba.

The Naegleria fowleri amoeba lives in warm water... Such as lakes, ponds, and rivers.

If it gets way up in the nose, it's able to make its way into the brain and starts to eat at the tissue.

The CDC says that it's extremely rare... Only 32 reported cases in 10 years.

But it's also extremely fatal. 95% of cases result in death.