Hey Ark-La-Tex! You’re Invited to ‘5 Years of Film Prize’ April 7-8
Relive all five winning short films of Louisiana Film Prize in one night!
Whether you've seen them all or none at all, 5 Years of Film Prize is certainly a treat for all. Louisiana Film Prize Festival in downtown Shreveport is something I simply cannot not miss. I've gone every single year that I have lived here and have watched three films be awarded with $50,000.
Now, I've got a chance to round out my experience with all five winners.
All five winning short films from Louisiana Film Prize will share the big screen at Robinson Film Center on April 7-8. Each film is just 15 minutes long with a little introduction in between. Total runtime will be about 80 minutes. And with three ways to see the films, there is an experience for everyone.
Choose from these options:
Standard Film Screenings - See all of the films at standard movie pricing. With showings on Friday, April 7 at 3:50 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Or catch the films on Saturday, April 8 at 3:10 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Screening + Filmmaker Q&A - See all of the films and take part in Question and Answer sessions with all of the directors. This event will take place Friday, April 7 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 or $20 for Robinson Film Center members.
Exclusive Dinner and Filmmaker Q&A - This is the creme de la creme! Enjoy a five-course meal in addition to seeing all five films and engaging in a Question and Answer session with the directors. Watch your films at any time during the weekend, then the dinner will take place on Saturday, April 8 at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $100 with limited availability.
The Exclusive Dinner option includes a five-course meal prepared by Tootie Morrison, winner of the Louisiana Food Prize Golden Fork competition (a.k.a. you will be blown away!).
So what's Tootie got cookin'? Try not to let your mouth water with this menu:
- First course: goat cheese tart with fig, honey and pistachios
- Second course: spring salad with sweet pea shoots, radish and egg vinaigrette
- Third course: choice of crispy seabass or lamb chop, fingerling potatoes and baby bok choy
- Fourth course: chocolate mango mousse
- Fifth course: tequila toast
Plus, there's an added bonus for Townsquare Radio Station listeners. If you purchase your tickets and are a listener of this station, you will entered to win the Film Prize/Townsquare VIP Pass Sweepstakes. This means you could win VIP passes for this year's Film Prize festival.
Here is a list of the winning films from Film Prize past:
- The Legend of Luther Anderson (2012) by Noah Scruggs, Chris Armand and Thomas Woodruff
- Silo (2013) by Kyle Clements
- True Heroes (2014) by Chris Ganucheau
- The Bespoke Tailoring of Mister Bellamy (2015) by Alexander Jeffrey
- The Man From Mars (2016) by Jonnie Stapleton