Holiday Food Recipe: Snowballs
The likelihood that we will have snow in Shreveport is normally in the slim to none category, so the best we can do is do what we do best in Louisiana, make food and eat. So, today, we will make snowballs. This is a super-easy recipe, 15 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake.
1 cups butter
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup ground walnuts
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream butter and granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla, flour and nuts. Mix well
- Roll into small balls.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- You can place these fairly close together on cookie sheet. They keep the same shape and don't spread out. Helps with the long cooking time if you put a couple of dozen on one sheet.
- Roll in powdered sugar while still hot. Let cool and roll again.