The #1 song for November on the Christmas Station 96.5 KVKI is, 'Have A Holly Jolly Christmas', recorded by Burl Ives.Burl Ives' “A Holly Jolly Christmas” and “Silver and Gold” are now considered Christmas standards some 45 years after they were first featured in the 1964 TV presentation of the animated family special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.Johnny Marks had composed the title song in 1949, and producers Rankin & Bass retained him to compose the TV special's soundtrack.Ives voiced Sam the Snowman, the banjo-playing “host” and narrator of the story, explaining how Rudolph used his “nonconformity,” as Sam refers to it, to save Christmas from being cancelled due to an impassable blizzard.The following year, Ives re-recorded all three of these Johnny Marks hits, which Ives had sung in the TV special, but with a more “pop” feel than in the TV special. He released them all as singles for the 1965 holiday season, capitalizing on their previous successes.
Buy on iTunes & Amazon
1. BURL IVES – Have A Holly Jolly Christmas
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
2. BOBBY HELMS – Jingle Bell Rock
Jingle Bell Rock – A Bobby Helms Christmas
3. JOHN LENNON – Happy Xmas/War Is Over
4. NAT KING COLE – The Christmas Song
The Christmas Song
5. TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA – Christmas Canon
The Christmas Attic
6. BRENDA LEE – Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
7. MICHAEL BUBLE – All I Want For Christmas Is You
8. JOSE FELICIANO – Feliz Navidad
9. DAN FOGELBERG – Same Old Lang Syne
The Very Best of Dan Fogelberg
10. ELVIS PRESLEY – Blue Christmas
11. WHAM! – Last Christmas
Last Christmas – Single
12. CARPENTERS – Merry Christmas Darling
Christmas Portrait (The Special Edition)
13. ANDY WILLIAMS – Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season
14. MARIAH CAREY – All I Want For Christmas Is You
15. GENE AUTRY – Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Gene Autry Sings Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
16. BING CROSBY – White Christmas
17. ANDY WILLIAMS – Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to KVKI VIP Club
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://965kvki.com using your original account information.