7 Ways To Support a Small Business Right Now
Small businesses are the backbone of our local economy. Small businesses are always the first places you visit when you need someone to support your kids after school activity or a charity event that is near and dear to your heart. It's now time for us to give back.
If you're dealing with the trickle-down effect and lost your job, or maybe you're anticipating having to watch your spending there are still ways that we can support our friends who run or own a small business. The best part is we can show some love all while social distancing.
1. Share their post. Did they recently share an update with your community? Hit that share button.
2. Tag a friend. See something a friend of yours might want to try or check out when we are allowed to frolic around town? Tag them so you don't forget.
3. Leave a great review. Bad reviews can really ruin a business. How about lifting up our brothers and sisters while they're down? Let's get their biz at 5 stars!
4. Comment something nice. Encouragement is needed just as bad as toilet paper. The best part, it's free. Let your friends who own business know that you're cheering them on.
5. Throw a shoutout their way. If you see someone asking who is still open or maybe someone trying to find a place that is offering takeout shout out your favorite place.
6. Post a picture. Did you snap a picture of the last meal you enjoyed at your favorite spot? Maybe your new shirt from your favorite boutique looks great today. Post that picture. Brag on your fave place.
7. React to every post you see. Even if it's just giving them a "like", you're showing them you care.
I am forever grateful to belong to a family full of entrepreneurs that are doing what they can to make ends meet and support everyone else around them. I hope you find a way to show some love to your favorite small business today.