Get Ready for Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure in 5 Easy Steps
October is breast cancer awareness month, and we are gearing up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Shreveport Saturday, November 2. You can get ready for the big day by following these simple steps:
1. Start walking now. Don't just show up on race day and try to walk the 5K (3.1 miles). You might get injured or you might not be able to make it to the end.
2. Get registered ahead of time. You don't want to wait in line on the day of the race.
3. Wear good shoes. Don't try to wear old sneakers to walk or run on the day of the event. You will hurt your feet.
4. Get to the event in time to stretch and warm up before the race starts.
5. Find a friend to walk in the event with you. It is so much fun to walk with a buddy.
The Race for the Cure moves back to Mall St. Vincent this year, plus there's a pre-race party the night before the big event.
If you have questions about this year's race, call (318) 751- RACE.