Octomom Nadya Suleman Asks Fans for Donations, Plus Ten Better Causes to Donate Money
Things are really not going well for Octomom Nadya Suleman. Her last attempt to earn money to help take care of her fourteen kids was taking off her clothes in a Florida strip club. Apparently, she couldn’t take off enough clothes. Suleman is now asking fans for donations to help buy her a house.
Suleman created a profile on the website GoFundMe.com, where I guess anybody can set up a fundraising page. Her goal is to raise $150,000 to buy a house of her own for her and her fourteen kids. When I checked last, she’d only raised $1,787.00. Suleman posted on her profile, “I am having to move out of my home soon and I’m very close to being able to buy a home for my kids. Your support is appreciated.”
This is a time sensitive venture as it is reported that by TMZ, she only has two weeks to move out of her foreclosed home in La Habra, California.
I find it difficult to donate money to Octomom. Especially when their are so many more worth while causes to help by donating money. Here are some better ways to donate money:
- Flynt Stone Foundation – help a Shreveport DJ’s family care for him as he has been diagnosed with Stage IV cancer
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana – creating opportunities for young people to get an education
- Victims of the Aurora, Colorado Shooting – several diffenent options to help the families and victims of this senseless act of violence
- American Red Cross – where ever disaster strikes in America and beyond the American Red Cross is one of the first organizations on the scene to help victims.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – helping children diagnosed with cancer get free treatment
- Kidd’s Kids – organization founded to help send terminally ill children and their families to Disney World
- Operation Santa Claus – collects toys for kids in need right here in Shreveport Bossier for Christmas
- March of Dimes – working together for healthier stronger babies
- Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure – fighting breast cancer and working for a cure our local race is Saturday, September 15, 2012 at the CenturyLink Center
- Hillman House – helping children and adults with Cystic Fibrosis