Who Lies More, Men or Women?
Here it is...the truth...and it isn't very shocking. Which sex lies more? Men or Women? Chances are, you already knew the answer, but did you know that it was 3 times more?
Yes, it is true, as the stereotypes would tell you, Men do lie more than women. But did you know that Men lie 3 times more?
But wait...there's more.
So before we start writing nasty-grams to Ms. Winter, this isn't some random small sample survey. No, it is a survey of over 2,500 people in England.
Now let's drill down a bit:on the men:
- Less than 5% said they tell the truth "all the time"
- 52% of men said they lied at least 3 times a day
- 14% said they lied at least 5 times a day
Now for the drill down on women:
- 57% said they lied once a day
- 17% said the lied 3 times a day
Oh and that friend you have, you may want to check on that "friend" status. 71% of those in the survey said that they have lied to them.
However, more people tell the truth at work. Only 31% admitted to lying.
Now for the truth: The top 5 lies that men and women tell the most:
- Yes, I’ve done it- 45%
- Sorry, I had no signal- 41%
- I’m on my way- 39%
- I didn’t see you’d called/texted- 35%
- I don’t look at other women- 30%
- I'm fine- 27%
- I’m on my way- 26%
- It was on sale- 24%
- You look really nice- 19%
- Sorry, I had no signal- 16%
While none of the findings are shocking or surprising, the sad truth is, we all lie more than we should.