5 Reasons You Need to Shop Local on Black Friday
Have you ever stepped back to think of how often you support our local businesses? I remember working at my family's restaurants, and we were always approached by parents, community leaders, board members, etc to donate or sponsor an event or fundraiser.
Guess who is always the first to step up to support your kid's soccer or cheerleading team? The local business down the road. Saturday, November 30th is Small Business Saturday, where several people in the community go shopping at locally owned and operated businesses. Here is our reminder to not just shop local on Saturday but on Black Friday as well.
- You're supporting a family. How amazing is it that your money isn't going towards a CEO's 3rd house in Florida, instead your money is going to pay for some cleats or ballet slippers for the business owners kids.
- You're investing in the people who invest in you. These small businesses are the first people you go to when you need to find a sponsor for your kid's team or school fundraiser, make sure you support them as much as they step up to the plate for our community.
- Every dollar you spend at locally owned businesses returns THREE times more money into our local economy. We all win when we support local.
- You try it before you buy it. Have you ever purchased something online that wasn't as it seemed? It's the worst. When you shop local half the time a sales associate will be with you every step of the way helping you find the perfect outfit or size.
- They’re the ultimate social networking sites. Do you want to know what is more powerful than any Linked In profile? You, seeing someone on the regular, face to face, the casual encounters that make a lasting impression help build business relationships. It's good for your business or profession as much as it is for the locally-owned shop.
To everyone who makes a conscious effort to shop, eat, and support the local independently owned business you are what makes our community great!