CHRISTUS Health To Hold Free Skin Cancer Screenings
Skin cancer is one of the deadliest yet most treatable forms of cancer. Early detection is the key to surviving this horrible disease. According to the American Academy Of Dermatology:
- Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States.
- Current estimates are that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas, the two most common forms of skin cancer, are highly curable if detected early and treated properly.
- The five-year survival rate for people whose melanoma is detected and treated before it spreads to the lymph nodes is 98 percent.
- Five-year survival rates for regional and distant stage melanomas are 63 percent and 17 percent, respectively.
- Approximately 75 percent of skin cancer deaths are from melanoma.
There are several risk factors in determining your probability in getting skin cancer. Family history, exposure to natural or artificial ultra-violet light (tanning beds are a concern), and excessive exposure to sunlight are just a few. With the high number of cases and ease of treatment if it's detected early, it just makes good sense to get checked.
CHRISTUS Health is holding a FREE skin cancer screening for anyone who wants to get their skin looked over.
What: CHRISTUS Cancer Treatment Center’s FREE Skin Cancer Screening
When: Tuesday, June 7 5:30 – 7 p.m.
Where: CHRISTUS Cancer Treatment Center Located in the West Wing at Highland Medical Center 1453 E. Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, Shreveport
Who: The CHRISTUS Cancer Treatment Center in partnership with Dermatology & Skin Surgery is offering free skin cancer screenings. If you feel you may be at risk for skin cancer, this is the perfect opportunity to be screened by a dermatologist.
Pre-registration is necessary and space is limited.
Call 1-844-CHRISTUS to register today!