Vivian Redbud Festival Is Saturday, March 15th
The Louisiana Redbud festival in Vivian celebrates 50th years this weekend. You will find events going on all week to get ready for “Redbud Day” on Saturday. The Redbud Treasure Hunt is on. Someone could win up to $450. Saturday's events include a carnival, a car show and a rodeo.
March 10-15– Redbud Treasure Hunt: Sponsored by North Caddo Medical Center. You can win a total of $450! Good luck!!! Get your clues here
March 12-15 - Miller Spectacular Carnival: Open Wed. 6 p.m., Thurs. 6 p.m., Fri. 5:30 p.m., Sat. Noon. Located on the lot next to the Wal-Mart Parking Lot. Weather permitting, may open earlier.
March 15, 2014- REDBUD DAY!!!
- 15th Annual Redbud 5K Run & Health Walk: Sponsored by the Louisiana Redbud Festival Association. USATF Certified. Run will start at the Vivian United Methodist Church at 8 a.m. and will end at City Hall. (more)
- Pancake Breakfast: Sponsored by the Vivian Community Club. Pancakes, sausage and all the trimmings have attracted hundreds of people for over 25 years to this famous event. Held at the former Kiwanis Hut in the Vivian City Park. 7 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Adults $5, children under 12, $3. ‘
- 50th Annual Redbud Parade: Starting at the North Caddo Magnet High School and travels down Highway 1. Parade start time is 2 p.m.
- 4TH Annual Louisiana Redbud Festival Car Show: Show hours are 10am-4pm. Parade lineup begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Red River Riders Rodeo: 4D Barrel Race. Books open at 4:00 p.m. Vivian Arena.
- Redbud Street Dance: The finale to the 50th year of the Louisiana Redbud Festival! On the Square at 7:00 p.m. Featuring “What the Funk” band.