How To Get The Best Travel Deal For Summer
I have used all the popular websites, but find Priceline is the best one to get great deals. I’ve gotten a Marriot in Denver for $45/night for a ski trip to Colorado. On that same trip, we flew roundtrip for $129/each. The whole trip including a rental car was under $700!! I regularly stay at top Dallas hotels for under $45 a night.
Here’s what I do:
1. Start two weeks before your trip bidding on Priceline for a room. (have a price in mind that you would be willing to go up to)
2. Never change your star rating….you don’t want to get a dump. (I never do lower than 3 stars)
3. Be willing to change the neighborhood you want to stay and the price.
4. Don’t rush to get your room on the first day you try.
5. Try every day and only bump up your offer by $1 each time.
Over the past ten years, I have never paid more than $50 for a hotel room anywhere and we have been to Austin, Dallas, Orlando, New Orleans, Denver, Memphis, Little Rock, Jackson and many other cities. Good luck and I hope you have a great summer vacation.